Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ocean World Bangkok

A quick roundup on my trip to BKK last week, my normal routine in BKK is an escape from my daily routine in KL. I will spend most of my time in the house, lazing around, surfing the net. This trip I spend some time at my wife office as I was in BKK on working days and my wife is busy tying up loose end as her project has just been implemented. The place was quite dusty as they are in the midst of touching up and completing the construction. It’s a new building. My main purpose of this trip is to visit a new shopping venue that was opened early December. It’s called Siam Paragon.

For those who know the location of Siam Center, this new place is just situated on the right. Previously the place was occupied by a hotel. The hotel was torn down and replace by Siam Paragon, an upmarket shopping venue. The place is quite huge; if I am not wrong it could compete with 1 Utama back here in KL in terms of size. One of the key tenant or attraction is Ocean World. It was reported to be the biggest “Aquarium” in South East Asia (if not in Asia).

I was there on Sunday together with my wife, her sister, her sister husband and nephew at 9:00 am. The place opens at 9 am sharp. If you ever planned to go to such place, go there as early as possible as once the place is fill up with people, you could see human backside more than fins. The entrance is located in the front, furthest right, with glass wall (refer picture above). There is a big “Ocean World” sign pasted on top of it. Once you walk in, just keep to the left as there is an escalator going down to the main entrance of Ocean World. The entrance cost is a bit steep as compare with KLCC Aquarium, 450 baht for adult and 280 baht for child. There is only map and a booklet with a brief explanation on the various types of fish or inhabitants of the ocean, no interactive CD compare with KLCC Aquarium.

If you are those who likes to listen or watch things like shark feeding and etc, below is a schedule for you.

When I went in, my first impression is that it feels bigger; it could be due to that we are the early birds. As I moved along, the exhibits, it does seem to be more. Guess what, I am the one who spends the most time in each exhibits as I am the camera man who will capture the visit in bits and bytes as remembrance. As usual, I have taken over 100 photos; most of the good shots are taken with flash. There are some good ones taken by putting my camera on the space in front of the exhibits but it’s has limited views. Below is some clear shots for your “digestion”. Higher resolution photos will be posted on my photo blog. My verdict is that Ocean World in Bangkok looks and feel better and has more exhibits than the KLCC Aquarium....


6 comments:

Selba said...

Hahaha.. again in the shark mouth?

SooHK said...

Selba, yeap my favourite pose ....

MyOrangeSweater said...

Ahhhh, Soohk was swallowed by Jaws!!!

SooHK said...

Lynne, yeap I was swallowed by jaws but it could not swallow me and I got tangle up with its fake tooth..hahahaha..

k.t.x said...

wow..siam paragon opened already. cool. i was there when it was like 50%. kid teng krung thep mak makk, tong pai tiew tii nun la. emm, mai chai mai chai, yak pai tii nun tum ngan de kwa!!! hehehe. chook dee na kap! hehe

SooHK said...

Keatix, Kob Khun Krap. Pay ti noon kor di...Air Asia Free....

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia