Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dusk

I am not sure how many of you guys out there who is like me, a Cantonese listening to a Cantonese song but still find it difficult to understand the essence of the song. But I always believe Music and Songs is universal, a good song could really move you emotionally in regardless of what language is it. A language is used to represent the feeling. If someone pinch you does it matter if you say “pain” in Chinese, Thai, English, German, Spanish or whatever language. The “pain” is still pain…right? No?

Dusk is great, a song sang by Eason Chan, I got this translation from a colleague. I could not understand the meaning of the song when I first heard it. However it still manages to stir up some emotion inside me. When it reaches the chorus, the chord, the melody echo into my eardrum; it goes down through my throat and reaches my artery where my heart is beating. Beat by beat it brings me to another world, I was sitting on the edge of the mountain looking over a valley. The low lights emitted from the horizon, were like an old movie projector playing the past, images floating around, image of happiness, sadness and regrets….

8 comments:

PhotoCrazy said...

yup me facing the same thing. In the olden days, I do know one or two word.. now totally lost in it.. to me is more of a music to my ears...

SooHK said...

photocrazy, the more mature we grew the more we are left out...hahaha

Chan Kok Kuen said...

Hey glad to see that you are still blogging. I thought that you are still in a daze with those medication that you took. Yeah.. totally agreed with what you have written. Music no matter what the language is is still pleasant to one's ear.

Bkworm said...

if you know cantonese, the words are very meaningful - not conversational cantonese but more flowery. i am cantonese but can't read chinese but when my mum was alive, she used to translate some chinese songs for me and explained to me the rich imagery of the language. pity i didn't learn enough from her. :(

SooHK said...

Kok Kuen, actually still not well yet...doctor suggest surgery for my nasal problem.

De book worm, me too..guess we are all banana..yellow outside but white inside..

Monica said...

I have to find this song now! I like some songs in other languages but not many :)

Unknown said...

The chinese name of this song is "夕阳无限好".

SooHK said...

Monica, umm not sure you can get in USA ...

Cheesum, oh.....

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia