Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Miracle cream

Most of us use moisturizer. I used to be one of those male who do not use moisturizer that is until I could see skin peeling off from around my lips which looks like dandruff. I could rub it off and my face was a dull looking piece of wood. I used to tell my wife that is good at least, my skin “regenerate” itself like a snake shedding its skin. I guess its fine when you are young as it rebuilds itself faster but when you are old, it takes time.

I guess as compare with the older generation whereby there is no aircond, just fans, there are fewer problems. We spend most of our time in Aircond, in the office, cars and homes. Our face, skins are exposed to dried air more than natural air. As you look at the mirror, you could see your face starts to change from a boyish look to a more mature looks with more lines around your eyes, forehead, lips that you thought someone has just drew it on overnight.

Everyday we are bombarded with advertisement from papers, idiot box, internet, billboards and etc, on creams that could stop you from looking like a preserved fruits or mummy. It always claims that it could turn back the clock or stop the clock, the biology clock. I used to buy my moisturizer from Watson, normally I just walks in, pay and walk out. Now I bought it at cosmetic counter in departmental stores. There are so many brands in the market that when you walk through the departmental stores you get confuse on which brand to choose from. Especially most of the counters is brightly lit and with youthful, clear skin sales personnel fronting it. Which brand should you choose? Based on what criteria? Price? Recommendation?

5 comments:

Selba said...

Oh no!!! Don't tell me that you are wearing SK II!!! That's one of the most expensive cosmetic product in Indonesia... I even can't afford to buy it! Oops... sorry, whom am I talking to??? ;p

I have a lot of cream/lotions, mostly I use The Body Shop products, but I also have Nivea and Dove body cream... Tell you the truth, I'm very lazy to wear those all grease stuff... hehehe... Don't really take care of my skin, I guess....

SooHK said...

selba, most of the product is my wife one, and do you know now you can buy it with installment free in Malaysia..hahaha....

Unknown said...

hmmmmm i am using clinique one..SL want me to use it but...

lazy now still at Beijing apartment, didnt bring it back hahahahaha

edina monsoon said...

My mum uses La mer. I am dictated by my earning power...hence I use biotherm for the face....Lo'occitance for the legs..and body shop for the nails and hands..and lastly Crabtree and evelyn for the feet. Just so you know...the body's just fine with this concoction:)

SooHK said...

Edina, Wow....thats almost every square milimeter of the body...I only pamper my face..

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia