Monday, September 05, 2005

My Gold Fish, Aquaria KLCC and shopping…(Part Two)

When I reached the counter the pretty lady sitting behind it asked, “Sir, do you have MyKad?” (New Malaysia Identity Card), I replied “Why?” but my head already searching for logical answers, does that mean if I do not have one I could not go in? After the initial shock I was told that if I have MyKad I could enjoy a Rm10 discount on the usual Rm38 entrance fee for an adult. Wah Sei Man, too bad I have yet to get mine or I shall rephrase it, I am too lazy to go and get it. The ticket is a touch and go type. As in most Aquarium the surrounding areas is dark.

Most of us, I think will be interested in a 2 types of fish that is shark and Nemo or Clown Fish, the fish that was made famous by the show Finding Nemo, I love that show. In the Aquaria I was looking forward to see 2 major exhibits, the flooded forest tube tank and of course the underwater tunnel. The exhibition area is based the concept of journey of water from land to sea. It is divided into a few areas. It started with the highland, jewels of the jungle, flooded forest, the coast, the living reef and the living ocean. I could not really remember the name of most fish. As I went through the journey, I was fascinated with some of the fish that was on displayed and I was also disappointed in some of the water quality in a few of the exhibits. It was not as clear as I think it should be. I am not sure if it’s my eyes or the water is tweaked according to the fish natural habitat which is not supposed to be clear.

We spend about an hour or so inside there and of course the climax is the water tunnel. It has an automatic walk way and also a normal one on the left side. I think the normal one is meant for those who love the challenge of taking photo in the tunnel. I did manage to get some good shots but half of it is quite blur as we are not allowed to use flash as my hand are quite shaky although its big, hahaha. As usual you could hear the shout of “Shark! Shark!” baring their fangs as they swim on top of you, side way and anyway. After exiting I could overheard a father talking to the mother, “I spend 100 plus already for all of us and it takes an hour or so only? Not worth it lah”.

Personally for those who want to try and get some good photos of fish and have not been to one, well it’s worth it although not the whole Rm38 of it but its ok lah. As for me I give it 6.5 points out of 10. I will post the high resolution photos in my photoblog and you guys can be your own judge. For your information I did use flash when I am very sure that it does not cause any permanent effect to the fish as I think flash photography means long exposure hahaha. Click on this link to find out more on Aquaria KLCC.

On the left is the souvenir that I bought, the flooded forest tube tank and of course the shark! I will post the bigger version on my photo blog later. Oh I almost forgot, there is a free multimedia CD also.

To be continue....next stop shopping.



6 comments:

PhotoCrazy said...

hehehe.. thanks for the info.. i guess i am not going there.. jimat uang..

Selba said...

Hmmm.. 6.5 points out of 10, guess not really worth it to go there especially for tourist...
have you been to 'Sea World' Jakarta in Ancol?

k.t.x said...

really that bad? i'd spend another few hundred to goto redang then......:P

SooHK said...

photocrazy, umm if you have been to one, ok lor

Selba, ok lah. I have been to sea work in Jakarta, I think malaysia one is better that sea world. although sea world has more attraction beside aquarium...

Keatix, above medium hence the 6.5...

MyOrangeSweater said...

I dun like fish, be it watching or eating them ...

SooHK said...

Lynne, fish taste good wor... although KFC taste much better hahaha

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia