Monday, August 15, 2005

Oops I forgot the key! (Final Part)

I could not see anyone but I guess it could be the ongoing renovation, which was highlighted in the lift. I could feel the room temperature suddenly turn icy cold; I told myself, “Hotel air conds always has a temper, sometimes hot sometimes cold”. I stagger towards my bed, my eyes and brain still adjusting to the darkness and the sound when I catch a glimpse of my watch laying beside my bed. Its almost 11:45 pm, “Gosh, Singaporean contractors are damn hard working”.

I was about to lift my foot onto the bed, when a knocking sound was coming at the direction of the door. “Knock! Knock!”. “What Now!” I grumble and walk toward the door. “Knock! Knock!”, “Coming!”, I shouted back. I looked at the small little hole at the door. There is no one. I opened the door and I could see from where I was standing until the end of the other side, the place is practically deserted. Well, it could be the next door tenant that might have forgotten the key and was knocking.

I closed the door and walks toward the bed again when “Knock! Knock!”, I turned around as fast as I could and immediately peep at the hole again., no one, strange. I opened the light, hoping that it will scare away whoever, be it a prankster or whatever. I waited near the door and hoping to catch the culprit. I waited for 5 minutes, no sound nor any movement. I switched off the lights and I walked towards the bed. “Knock! Knock!” Huh! I bow down and my sight was set on the gap of the door and floor. Although it was dark but the lights from outside glaringly sip through the gap. Umm… no shadows or whatsoever, Aiyah! “Knock! Knock!” again? At this point of time, all the hair on my hands is already pointing upwards. I quickly switched on the lights and headed straight to the bed hoping and praying that “IT” will not bother me.

I half slept and half awake for the rest of the night searching the room for possible sightings. As I heard “IT” loves to lurk around the lamp post beneath it, shedding from the lights and also around the corner of the bed staring at you. Although I did not manage to see any head nor any figurine floating around but after my mind was clear, the first sign of “IT” was the “Bang! Bang!” sound of the window as at the point of time it was 11:45 pm. Further inquiries and confirmation from the reception, I was told that there is no ongoing renovation at that point of time and it seems my neigbour shifted to another room as he complains of being "suffocated" as though someone is sleeping on top of him. Facts or Fiction or my ding dong brain is playing a trick on you and me.......... you decide.

Sorry for the delay of this post, I guess its a bit anti climax as the build up its actually in Part 1 and Part 2. My original idea is to have it post in 2 parts but fate has it that it has now become 3 parts.... hahaha

8 comments:

MyOrangeSweater said...

Wau liao, so did you change room eventually? I would sit up and fight "IT" for the rest of the night man ... hehehehe, yeah, I ghost-crazy one!

shiaulin said...

change the room only meh ? if for me i will request company to change the 'hotel' for me liao loh... yooo... hair all stand up liao...

SooHK said...

Lynne, hahaha I dare not do much. I did not change the room but I spend the 4 nights sleeping with lights on and nothing happen after that.

Shiaulin, the company will never change the hotel as this hotel is owned by one of the customer.... hence extra discount for us.

PhotoCrazy said...

Oh no.. how am I suppose to sleep tonite.. shouldn't have read it.. help!

k.t.x said...

or, should u request for a "companion" to sleep with???hehehehe

SooHK said...

Photocrazy, should be ok.. I think...hahaha...

Keatix, companion? hahaha no need ... lah...

Monica said...

I wouldve left, Im afraid of ghosts as it is, I couldnt sleep last night because My landlady is away and I thought there were ghosts in the house, I get spooked easily

SooHK said...

Adiejin, oh sorry lor.. next time.... will open for you...

Monica, so far I am ok... with "IT" as long as it does not really physically bother me...

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia