Saturday, June 11, 2005

Some food photos from BKK part 1

I love thai food. I really like it a lot. I have a nephew now who travels quite frequently to Bangkok for the past few months and he said that the food is sour and sweet but I said there is not much difference with Chinese food. My sister said the same thing. I guess it depends where you go and what you eat. There are some non-halal foods pictures below; I would like to say sorry if there is muslim viewer.

One thing I love most is the Siew Yok or Barbecue Pork. Thailand’s has the most crispy barbecue pork I have ever taste. It’s like eating crackers. I love it when they cook it together with a vegetables called “kana” and oyster sauce, I am not sure I got it correct as I do not have the English equivalent. It’s like food from heaven, the crunchiness mixing together with the leafy and fresh taste frm the sauce. My saliva is dripping.

I do not have any picture on that dish but I got a picture of Barbecue Pork itself with black sauce below.

In Thailand I have also tried one interesting dish, which I think originated from German, which is pork knuckles. They cook it with a type of sauce I am not sure what but its brownish in colour. I have tried it in 2 places in Bangkok. The first one is at this German Pub in Sukhumit (have a wooden barrel in the middle of the pub) and the other in Silom Plaza, both of this place has since closed down. Anyway the taste of both of this dish still lingers around my head. I remember the first time I tried I could not finish it. I packed it back to my house and cook pork porridge for breakfast. Below is the pork knuckles that I yap about minus the sauce. Its being sold in the Mall near my house. It still open up my saliva gland. Umm Yummy...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, meung thai mee aahaan muu tii dee. commonly found everywhere, the stew pork rice. fav man. keatix

SooHK said...

Jumbled Mind, if you can smell the pork in malaysia than thailand even worse. I cook myself before in thailand.. and I could smell it also. Hence normally I will boil it first. I love Bak Kut Teh Also... with fried ghost and tofu.

Keatix, Phom Kid Khun refer Kap Kah Moo, I am not sure if I have some picture on it, if so I will post it up. I love it together with the salty vege....

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia