Wednesday, May 04, 2005

CordyCeps

Occasionally my cousin will cook some kind of soup that includes a type of mushroom called Cordycep. It seems it’s even more expensive than birdnest, very expensive, few times more expensive. Sometimes they will boil together with birdnest as its a heaty food. So that bowl of dessert cost hundreds ringgit. It could not be eaten often as it could cause nose bleed. Rumors are saying that it will become extinct soon as a lot of people are hunting for it. There is a nickname for it, its called summer plant winter worm.

It grows by infecting insect larvae or mature insects with spores that germinate, often before the cocoon is formed. The fruiting body of the Cordycep grows from the dead host. It’s very good for our immune system as it has certain material that will attack free radicals. And it seems it helps the libido. Click on this link to find out how its look like.

3 comments:

Narimon said...

Wait... Maybe I interpreted something wrong, but... You have cancer???

Unknown said...

sound like 冬虫草 to me....

SooHK said...

Sherry, Yeap I have the big C and I hope its gone forever, have my kidney remove for it.

Ms Jumbled Mind, "Chung Chou", umm I guess you are right its something like "Tung Chung Chou". Tung is winter, Chung is like worm and Chou is Grass.

LeeCS, you know I do not know how to read chinese...hahahaha

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia