Monday, May 16, 2005

Explosion

I usually eat dinner at my cousin place on weekdays. They are kind enough to cook for me without asking for any money. I did offer paying them certain amount of money as sometimes it’s not nice and I am a bit shy as I am still working. They always gives the reason that we are relatives and my family is the one and only cousin. I have been going there regularly and today I was there quite early as it was drizzling when I left the office.

When I reached there, I saw a lot of people gazing at an apartment located on the third floor. After stopping my car, I walk out and take a peep. To my horror, I saw that the unit looks like it has just gone through a terrorist attack. The window and the grilles were missing. The curtain was falling all over. There were no longer a balcony; it seems the wall was also blown off. It was pitch black inside.

My cousin were one of the onlookers, she relate to me a tales of suicide. It seems the lady that was renting the place has tried to blown herself up by making use of the cooking gas cylinder. It was in the morning. According to her, it was quite loud just like a bomb blast. There were dark smokes billowing all over the place, fires were spitting out from all the windows, luckily it was managed to be controlled within a few minutes. It was like a war zone. Glasses were flying all over the place, my cousin car got smashed on the windscreen and it was dented all over. The car was at the ground floor and it was 30 feet away. According to my cousin the glasses were from the window that was shatter due to the explosion. Luckily there were no passers by.

It seems the lady got 70 percent burnt on her body, someone saw her sitting down and crying after the explosion. My sister was quite curious why someone uses this way to commit suicide as its quite painful. My thought is nobody will understand what is going on someone mind when they reached a stage whereby to them there is no solution, there is no point of return, just like facing a wall in front of you and you cannot do anything about it and it was crashing down on you and suffocating you. I have posted this in one of my earlier posting in regards to Leslie Cheung suicide.

However I am still a bit sceptical, it’s not a way, that someone should take their lives. I guess it could be an accident. She might have tried to cook herself some food, she might have opened the gas switch and ready to light the fire when maybe the phone rang. She must have talked for some time before she went back and then when she clicked the fire button, it exploded. Anyway I hope she will be alright…….




4 comments:

crazycat said...

hmm, that is rather disturbing... i am sure if that is a sucide, the lady would have probably regretted it by now.. 70% burns on one's body is not small deal.. she will have a hard time handling all the physical/mental pain. my sympathies to her...

.: aGent X ::.. said...

what a way for a suicide....so dramatic. i have thought of other alternative which i think is less painful and less harmful to others before :)

MyOrangeSweater said...

So sad, I hope she lives, and regrets her decision. Like aGent X mentioned, want to die, go die far far away, and dun cause harm to others mah. Her neighbors damn "suay" man!

SooHK said...

My cousin today went and fixed her car and it cost her Rm4K...plus..and she is still complaining today...
My sis said the best way to commit suicide is to open the car air-cond, put a water pipe connect it to the exhaust pipe and start the car engine and poke some sleeping pills.
The chinese news paper mention thats it might not be suicide....

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia