Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oh Christina, Encore! Encore!







Christina concert was held at the Genting International Showroom. For dinner, we decided to warm ourselves up by eating at the First World Café as there is a Thai food fest. There is a burden of thai food like Chicken Rice (Kow Man Kai), Fish Cake (Thod Mun), Mango salad (Som Tam), Thai Fried Mee (Phad Thai), Tom Yam prawn (Kung) and etc available.

It was quite a filling and satisfying dinner although I ate only Phad Thai and steam fish only. This could possibly due the atmosphere created by a Thai Band performing some songkran songs. I think I did hear some loy krathong songs also. As for my wife and sis, they ate almost non-stop for half and hour, plates after plates was filled and then emptied.

After an hour of munching and foot tapping, we finished our dinner and headed straight to the showroom. We arrived at around 7:45 pm; the show was scheduled to starts at 8 pm. Our seats were right smacked in the middle of the hall. As we sat comfortably, we noticed that hall is still quite empty. Our first thought is, maybe a lot of Thai is coming to see the show and like most typical thai, arriving late is the norm.

True enough, throng of thai’s walks in after 8 pm filling up almost the whole hall. Well I did saw 2 farangs (foreigner) with blonde hair sitting in front of us and some Malaysian which spoke in Cantonese right in the first row. I guess Christina attracts not only thais but some foreign fans also.

Christina kicked off the shows approximately before 8:15 pm, she came out wearing a tight fitting black pants and a black dress with one exposed arm and a white laze (corset like) covering her chest area. That is our Christina, sexy, attractive and charismatic. She kicks off with a fast number. She did changed once, coming out with a black shinning black spaghetti tee. The shows lasted for around 1 hour and 15 minutes, she sang songs like Pravat Saad (History), Rak Tur Tee Sur (love you most) and a lot more.

She was quite energetic and she is quite friendly. She walks up to the audience, sang and danced with them, for a few times, that’s how I got those close up shots of her. My camera does not have any zoom functions, so those shots were taken very close. She did drop by my row, my wife was “too shy” to react, well I am not, did you guys notice me dancing almost just 3 feets of her, hahaha, the picture was quite blur as I got too excited and accidentally pressed the scenery mode when I pass the camera to my wife. I look forward to the next songkran, I guess there will be another great thai singer performing again in genting.


2 comments:

dreaming-neko said...

oh THAT christina...
i use to listen to her music back in the day. she looks great in the pics~

you must of had fun!

SooHK said...

Yeap she looks great.. and that is after she was sick last year or so...

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia