Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Major EarthQuake Hit Sumatra

A major earthquake measuring 8.5 on the Richter scale hits Sumatra just after midnight. Some residents in penang felt that its worse than the earth quake that cause the 26th Dec Tsunami. It created quite a panic among those who lives beside the sea. However it did not trigger any tsunami like the previous, scientists are puzzled. Refer to Star, BBC, New York Times for more news and facts.

I did not experience any tremor; it could be that the condominium that I live in has a very good foundation or that I was in deep sleep mode. I am glad that there is no tsunami. It was reported if there is one it should be within the first 3 hours.

1 comment:

richwhiteboy said...

Hi Soohk! So glad to read that you were not affected by the earthquake. I checked your blog yesterday for news. I don't even know you, but I must admit I was a little worried about you.

U Khao Yai Resort at Khao Yai, Thailand

Room and surrounding view of the resort #travel #khaoyai #Thailand #asia